Saturday, June 6, 2009

By The Way...

I've lost 29 pounds since leaving the hospital. The vast majority of that loss is from the IV fluids and gas I was full of when I left, so I think it's only really about 12 pounds of beneficial loss. Fat loss. 

The crazy thing is, I don't see any of it. My pants feel just as tight, my face looks just as fat. My mom explained that I probably won't see it for quite a while because I imagine myself as so much smaller than I really am right now. She said that there's a point where we stop really gaining weight in our mind, so until we get down to that picture in our heads, everything is still just 'fat'. 

That makes sense. Still--29 pounds and I can't see it? For most of the people I know, 29 pounds would totally alter the way they look. I imagine Skyelar losing 29 pounds. laughable. She'd be dead. But I have so much to lose that what consists of a third of her body weight is a small enough amount on me to be unnoticeable. 

Sort of more depressing than encouraging.

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment