Monday, November 9, 2009

6 Months Already?!

Can you believe it? I'm just a hop, skip and a jump away from my 6 month-iversary! I don't have much time to write about it, but suffice it to say--I'm feeling GREAT. I was so encouraged by some of my friends after my last post that I decided to shake it all off, and just enjoy every day that comes my way. And for the life of me, I've been succeeding at that!

Before I go, here are my 'official' before and after shots. The first one was taken just before surgery, and the second one was taken a few days ago. This is the first time I've seen the change quantified, because we had lost the 'before' picture until recently, but it is truly INCREDIBLE. I am totally overwhelmed by the change these pictures show. When I look in the mirror, or go shopping, all I see is that I still have to shop in the plus size, and even though I'm down to a size 18, that doesn't seem--in my head--so different from the size 36 I was wearing before. I mean, they sell the clothes on the same racks. I still don't look like a supermodel, I still have to shop at specialty plus stores. That all means that I'm still fat, and fat is fat.

At least, that's what I used to think.

This fat, this size 18 fat, is just so different that my body is... transformed. It's just plain craziness. I carry it in totally different places. My FEET have shrunk, but my elbow rolls are the same size.

This losing weight thing is madness I tell you.

I decided to go ahead and post the pics here, because my little out-of-the-way blog doesn't draw nearly as much unwanted attention as my facebook or myspace might, if you know what I mean.

After all, it IS a weight loss blog. It's not like you don't expect to see a few fat rolls, and it's not like you expect me to have transformed into Giselle.

:-)

As much as I wish that was the case!



5 comments:

  1. Denise - from BainNovember 10, 2009

    Dayna, you are looking great!!! Wow, what a change. Size 18?!! That's awesome. Keep up the good work, girl! :) :) And thanks for sharing your story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing! I am proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you have been and will always be beautiful to me

    ReplyDelete
  4. do you know what PISSES ME OFF about weight loss? is that people around will tell ya, "you look great!" or "you've lost so much weight" but ultimately...since you see yourself every day, it doesn't look like a huge change because there is no transformation...you see the day to day. thats why people give up i think.

    its so hard because even though the weight pours off sometimes, the sizes dont. there is a greater difference in weight going from a 20 to a 16 as there is from an 8 to a 4. sucks.
    keep it up. :]

    ReplyDelete
  5. and i know JUST what you mean. i cant bring myself to post the link to my weight loss blog...simply because i dont want people to see it. not that they cant see the chubbiness in front of them, but its almost as if i dont want to remind them im chubby, and just imagine they picture me as a Katherine Heigl doppleganger., :]

    love you. i know its morbid, but im glad we are both going through similar journeys in finding the selves God made us to be, by walking with Him to get to that point. i love you!

    ReplyDelete