Monday, November 23, 2009

Positively Amazing

Because I don't want to end any blog for the day on a down note, here are some TOTALLY cool facts I found on this cook UK website!

Losing 130 pounds is equivalent to cutting 455,000 calories.

Cutting 455,000 calories is the same as saying "no" to:

* 3,138 baked potatoes, or
* 5,688 large eggs, or
* 3,792 cups of 2% milk, or
* 328 pounds of ground beef, or
* 5,230 glasses of wine, or
* 1,409 Snickers bars, or (my weakness)
* 3,273 cans of Coke, or
* 2,676 pints of Guinness beer, or
* 925 Big Macs, or
* 883 Quarter Pounders with Cheese, or
* 650 Whoppers, or
* 1,379 Subway 6" Oven Roasted Chicken Breast sandwiches, or
* 2,676 Taco Bell crunchy tacos, or WOW!
* 1,936 slices of pepperoni pizza from Pizza Hut

What it Takes to Burn 455,000 Calories

To burn 455,000 calories, a 190 pound male would have to:

* Backpack for 753 hours (31 days) nonstop, or
* Walk 5,230 miles (3,269 kilometers), or
* Bike for 1,319 hours (55 days) at 10 mph, or
* Bike 13,188 miles (8,243 kilometers), or
* Play basketball nonstop for 726 hours 30 days), or
* Play billiards for 2,106 hours (88 days), or
* Go bowling for 1,757 hours (73 days), or
* Stay on the golf course for 1,319 hours (55 days), or
* Spend 586 hours (24 days) playing competitive football, or
* Jump rope for 554 hours (23 days) straight!

You would have to walk the length of England about 8.73 times to burn 455,000 calories.

Who the heck cares what clothing size I am with those numbers? Puts things in perspective...

4 comments:

  1. That's the coolest info! You're doing so great!!!! Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dayna,
    Deb Munsil here.
    I had no idea that you had surgery. A hard choice but all good for the right reasons!
    I think you look awesome! Your smile is brighter, you have a glow, just fantastic! Even though we have only met a few times, I am proud of you. Keep up the good WORK!!!

    This post, I think you will look on it and hold these feelings to be there no matter what you weigh. I find them to be true for me. We (dieters)struggle whenever we want to loose weight with all of the feelings that accompany the struggles and the extra emotions that go along with the weight loss. Every time I have ever lost weight and maintain for a while, I think how could I have been that big when I feel big now. Especially when I look at photos of my self. I think that is what it is like for everyone. We all look in the mirror and we see ourselves, we look pretty good, and we see what we like, but when we look at photos of ourselves we think, OMG I didn't realize I looked that heavy, I thought I looked better. This time of the year there are other emotions coming into play too. It is Holiday time and we struggle over that too. In your post, I wonder if you have convinced yourselve that somehow you'll jinx yourself and not continue on to your goal if you stop to see your friends. The emotions of the deiting, and the whole eye on the prize mental struggle can be very consuming of your mind and time. Your on 24/7. Just give your self some 'me' time and let your mind take a break from the race. Distractions are great; like music, going for walks, and for some people it is work. I haven't read your latest post, so you have probably figured this all out by now.
    Anyway, YOU GO GIRL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry I meant to post on earlier blog, I think you get the drift.
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey the jumprope thing above sounds like fun. If I was a kid again, maybe I'll try that one. Sunny Day sweeping the clouds away,
    On my way to where the air is sweet,
    Can you tell me how to get....

    Thinkin of you,
    Deb Munsil

    ReplyDelete